Respect for the environment
As time goes by, we are constantly implementing new technologies to improve the environmental performance of our networks.
- Replacement of old boilers with new, more efficient units
- Installation of solar panels to pre-heat the air prior to combustion
- Closed-loop networks to minimize water consumption
- Elimination of fuel oil as primary source of combustion
These improvements have enabled us to reduce CO2 emissions by 27% between 2005 and 2011, the equivalent of removing over 16,000 cars from the road.*
* based on 25,000 km per car per year
- Adapting production to demand variations
- 85% of the steam is recovered as condensate (an additional 12% is used for the humidification of our clients’ buildings).
- Up to 20% energy cost savings for customers
- Advanced air emission treatment technologies for large units
In harmony with the environment
- Fight against visual pollution: elimination of roof equipment
- Fight against smog and particulate pollution
- Fight against traffic: buried networks and underground maintenance